The following is a list of resources that pertain to the "Good for Workers" section in The B Corp Handbook. Even if you haven't read the book, you can still use these resources to help you complete the B Impact Assessment and/or learn more about the B Corp movement.
NOTE: I used to link directly to the following resources, but the links would often end up broken after a few months. The best way to find a resource below is to copy the full name of the resource and paste it into Google. This should give you a direct link to the current file.
Compensation, Benefits, and Wages
- Green America: How to add a Socially and Environmentally Responsible Investment Options to an Employer’s Retirement Plan
- Nolo Press: Outplacement Programs for Laid Off Workers
- Nolo Press: Should You Offer Severance Pay?
- National Center for Employee Ownership: An Introduction to the World of Employee Ownership
- Inc. Magazine: Employee Ownership 101
- The Guardian: How to Implement Employee Ownership
- US Small Business Administration: Optional Employee Benefits
- Entrepreneur: The Basics of Employee Benefits
- B Resource Guide: Creating an Employee Wellness Program
- Company Case Study: Employee Wellness: iContact
- B Resource Guide: Creating an Employee Handbook
- Inc. Magazine: Tools for Creating an Employee Handbook
- B Resource Guide: Creating a Code of Ethics
- FindLaw: Sample Anti-Discrimination and Harassment Policy
- B Resource Guide: Employee Engagement and Metrics
- Inc Magazine: Sample Employee Satisfaction Survey
- Inc Magazine: Sample Employee Review Questionnaire
- Harvard Business Review: Etsy's Hackathon for Good
- US Department of Labor: Workplace Flexibility Toolkit
- When Work Works: Workplace Flexibility: A Guide for Companies
- B Resource Guide: Worker Health & Safety
- Inc. Magazine: 9 Avoidable Workplace Health and Safety Hazards
Free B Corp Certification Templates
- Here is a free collection of 30+ policies, procedures, and templates that you can use to earn points on the B Impact Assessment.
Other Resources from The B Corp Handbook: